Here is a list of points to know when syncing your calendar in Canopy.
Why can’t I create a calendar event in Canopy?
You will not be able to create calendar events if you do not have a Google or Microsoft calendar connected to Canopy.
What if I don’t have a Google or Microsoft account?
Canopy’s calendar syncs with any Google or Microsoft calendar only. Creating an account with either Google or Microsoft is simple and free. Refer to the links listed above to create an account.
Where did my existing dates go?
If you were utilizing Canopy calendar prior to the Google/Microsoft sync, those dates are still in Canopy. All pre-existing dates have been converted to Tasks and are available on the Tasks Dashboard. Additionally, tasks will be viewable in the Canopy Calendar.
- Dates that are converted to tasks will have the prefix of Date: added to the task title.
- For example, if you had a date titled Meeting with Jim, that existing date will be converted to a task with the title of Date: Meeting with Jim.
- When the date-to-task conversion happens, whoever initially created the date will be the Assigned to team member on the new task.
- All past dates that are converted to tasks will be given a task status of Completed.
- All future dates that are converted to tasks will be given a task status of Not started.
Are client events still available in the Client Portal?
Dates will not display in the Client Portal at this time.
Can I sync more than one email account to Calendar?
You can sync one (1) Google or Microsoft calendar to Canopy’s calendar at a time.
What happens when I sync my calendar?
Google/Microsoft calendaring is mirrored 100% in Canopy. Upon syncing, events created in your Google/Microsoft calendar will immediately be reflected. Calendaring permissions granted in your Google calendar will be reflected in Canopy.
Will my Google/Microsoft calendar reminders or tasks show in Canopy?
The events created in your google calendar will be mirrored in the Canopy calendar. Reminders and other calendar-specific notifications will display in the original Google/Microsoft calendar only.