Time tracking allows you to track your team’s billable and administrative time. This article will detail how to add a time entry and how to edit saved time entries.
Adding a Time Entry
To add a time entry, click the Add icon from anywhere in Canopy.
- Click Time entry.
- Click the Contact field.
- Type a search for a specific contact.
- Click on the correct search result to add the contact to the time entry.
- Time durations will be formatted in hours and minutes.
- The default time duration is 30m.
- Depending on the start and end times you set, your duration field may change.
- You can use the rich text editor to edit the text of your note or add bulleted/numbered lists.
- Anyone with access to the contact’s Billing tab will be able to see this note.
- If you don’t see any services in this drop-down menu, you will need to set up Service Items.
- For more information about service items, refer Managing Service Codes article and video.
- A notification will pop up when your entry has been added successfully.
Editing a Time Entry
To edit any time entered, you will need to navigate to the Contact Profile. To get started, click on a contact in Canopy.
- Click the Billing tab in the Contact Profile.
- Click Time Entries.
- Click on a time entry to edit it.
- Make any necessary changes to the Edit Time Entry window.
- Click Update Entry to save your changes.
For More Information
Refer to the Tracking Your Time in Canopy video.