If you have a specific file structure to store all of your client documents, you may wish to import this file template into Canopy. This master file template will then be the template you can follow for your file structure within Canopy.
Compressing a Master File Template
In order to upload a master file template, you will need to begin this process outside of Canopy. This article shows you the process for compressing a folder on a Mac.
- On your computer, create the folder you wish to upload into Canopy.
- Within this folder, create any subfolders you wish to include in the template.
- Whatever folders and subfolders are within the master folder will be created.
- A zip file will be created, having compressed all of the subfolders in your main folder.
Uploading a Master File Template
Once you have compressed your Master Folder and subfolders, you will need to upload this zipped file into Canopy. To get started, click on a Contact in Canopy.
- Click the Files tab in the Client Profile.
- Click Upload.
- Locate the compressed Master File and select it for upload.
- Once the file has uploaded to Canopy successfully, you will see it listed on the Files screen.
- The zipped file will no longer show.
- You can replicate this process for any other client in Canopy.