The service assistant will guide you step-by-step by asking questions tailored to your case and providing the best possible outcome.
Enabling the Service Assistant
You can’t enable the service assistant without first creating an Engagement. For help, refer to the Creating an Engagement article. Click on a contact in Canopy to get started.
- Click on Engagements.
- Open a contact’s Engagement or create a new one.
- Click on Services.
- Toggle each applicable service to on by setting it to green.
- Click on a specific service listed in the left column to see the options available for that service.
- For example, click on Penalty Abatement.
- The service assistant will open on the right side of the screen.
Using the Service Assistant
The service assistant will prompt you with a series of yes or no questions. To use the service assistant, make sure it has been enabled as listed above.
- On the Assistant screen, click Get Started.
- Answer each question with either Yes or No to continue.
- Depending on your answers, you may need to check options on a list. Click all checkboxes that apply.
- Click Next.
- Once all questions have been answered, the service assistant will make a recommendation.
- Click Restart Assistant to return to the initial assistant screen. Your previous answers will not save.
Important Assistant Icons
There are four icons that stay in the top right corner of your screen while completing the assistant survey.
- The Restart Icon will take you back to the beginning of the questionnaire.
- The Add a Person Icon will help you assign team members/collaborators to the assistant.
- The Scheduling Icon will add a due date.
- The Status Icon will enable you to change the status of the questionnaire from In Progress to Needs Review or Completed. Click on a status to save it.
Reviewing Outcome Resolutions
The Outcome Resolution page provides you with recommendations your contact may qualify for, saving you time and effort allowing you to focus on the next actions to take. The Outcome Resolution page will default to displaying Canopy’s recommendation based on your answers logged in the service assistant.
- In the Summary, click See more to view a summary of what the outcome is and how it can help your contact.
- In the Templates section, click on a letter to download and customize it to your needs.
- In the IRS forms section, click on an IRS form.
- Clicking on a form will open it in Canopy enabling you to fill it out and save your changes.
For More Information
Refer to the Getting to Know the Service Assistant video.