Before we can successfully add the tags to your clients when they are being uploaded into your Contact List, you will first need to create the tags you want to attach within Canopy.
Adding Tags Before Importing Contacts
Adding tags to your .CSV file makes importing and organizing your contacts much easier. Start this process by opening your .CSV contact import file. For more information, refer to the Contact Import Templates and Importing Clients to Canopy articles.
- Make sure your .CSV file includes a Tags column.
- Enter a tag for each contact on your sheet.
- You can add multiple tags to a single client but each tag needs to be separated by a comma.
- These tags should correspond with the tags you have set up in Canopy. For more information, refer to the Adding New Tags article.
- You’ll be able to map the Tags column in your .CSV file to the column in Canopy. See Importing Clients to Canopy for more details.