Creating an engagement from the Client Profile enables you to send your client the Client Survey, generate forms, send engagement letters, and other functions to do with your client’s tax resolution case.
Creating an Engagement
In order to create an Engagement Start this process by clicking Contacts in Canopy.
- Click on a Contact.
- The Client Profile will load.
- An answer may be already selected according to the contact’s information entered in Canopy.
- Do not use a business survey if the individual taxpayer is self-employed and their business is a sole proprietorship or single-member LLC.
- By creating a business engagement, Canopy will generate the 433-B collection survey and related IRS forms (433-B, 433-B (OIC), 2848, and 6556).
- By creating an individual engagement, Canopy will generate 433-A collection survey and related IRS forms (433-A, 433-A (OIC), 2848, 656).
- If the client’s case requires both individual and business forms, you will need to create both types of engagements.
- Services activated will be set to green.
- The Engagement screen will load.
- You can navigate through different steps or forms in the engagement from the column on the left side of the screen.
For More Information
Refer to the Creating an Engagement video.