Team member permissions
There are two types of team members in Canopy: Basic and Admin.
Basic users have access to the clients they have personally created as well as the clients they've been invited to, and are limited to the licenses they have. Basic users can:
- Create/edit/archive/delete/activate clients.
- Invite clients to Canopy's client portal.
- Invite other team members to the clients they've created.
- Remove invited team members from the clients they've created.
- Upload/share/delete/restore files and dates.
- Create/edit/delete/restore notes.
- Update their own profile (username, password, representative information, etc.)
- Access Canopy's customer support team and documentation.
- Receive notifications of new files and dates created by their clients.
- Create and assign tasks.
If a Basic user has a license for Tax Resolution and/or Invoicing, they will only have access to those features for the clients they've created or have been invited to.
Admin users have access to all clients within the practice. They also have access to all company settings. They have access to everything a Basic user does, plus they can:
- Add/edit/delete team members.
- Purchase additional licenses.
- Modify account payment information (update credit card credentials).
- View/download account billing history.
- Edit company profile information.
- Change team members' permissions.
Admin users are still limited to the licenses they have. For example, if an Admin user does not have a license for Tax Resolution, they will not have access to any tax resolution engagements. The same is true with Invoicing.
However, if an Admin user has a license to tax resolution and/or invoicing, they will have access to all tax resolution and invoicing information for all clients.