A client can be invited to canopy when you are first creating a contact, after the contact has been created, or when a survey is created for that client. Inviting a client to Canopy enables your client to share files, complete the client survey, pay invoices, and more!
Inviting a New Client to the Client Portal
The client must have already been created in order to send them an invite to the Client Portal. To get started, refer to the Creating a New Client article; you will be prompted to invite your new client to the Client Portal.
- In the Client Portal window, check the box in-line with the client’s email address.
- Type the email address of any additional recipients in the Enter the Email of a New Person textbox.
- You can type in your message in the available text field.
Inviting a Contact to the Client Portal
To invite a client who already has been created as a contact in Canopy, you will need to navigate to their Client Profile and invite them to the Client Portal from there. This can also be useful when re-sending an invite if your client doesn’t get the email on the first try. To get started, click on a Contact in Canopy.
- Click on the Add icon in the Client Portal field on the left side of the screen.
- If available, click the checkbox in-line with your clients email address.
- Otherwise, enter an email address in the Enter the email of a new person box.
Inviting a Client When Sending the Client Survey
You can send your client an invite to the client portal upon sending them the client survey. In order to fill out the client survey, your client will have to sign into the client portal. For more information, refer to the Sending a Survey to Your Client article.