The email contact import can take up to 10 minutes. Feel free to work on something else, navigate to another area within Canopy, or even log out. Canopy will continue working on importing your contact list information in the background. To learn more, refer to the Connecting an Email Account article.
Importing Email Contacts
Once you have imported your email contacts, Any emails sent to/received from that contact will be imported into Canopy. The Contact type can be changed from the contact’s record after it’s been imported. Start this process by clicking the drop-down arrow in-line with your Canopy account name.
- Click Account Settings.
- Click Email.
- The screen will default to loading the Accounts screen.
- A smaller window will pop up.
- Click Ignore under Contact Type for any contact you do not wish to see in Canopy.
- For multiple email addresses associated with one client
- Click Client, Other, or Prospect for one of the email addresses.
- Click Ignore for the rest of the email addresses associated with that contact.
- Designating one email address for the contact will prevent importing duplicate emails.
- If you wish to import only some of the emails in your contact list and return to the rest later, click Save & Finish Later.
- The pop up window will close.