Create tasks anywhere in Canopy with the Add Task button at the top of the screen. With a streamlined process, you can assign the task to a contact and add any number of team members to each task. You can also associate a task with a specific engagement, and provide a detailed explanation of what needs to be done in the description field.
Creating a New Task
You can create a task from anywhere in Canopy. To get this process started, click the Create Task icon
- Click Create Task.
- Enter Basic Information in the Create Task window.
- Fields needing to be filled out include Task name, Contact, Assignee(s), and Description.
- If selecting any option other than No Repeat, you will be prompted to enter the number of repeats for this task.
- Select a Date Type.
- Due Date is the most common date added to tasks.
- More information about setting relative dates can be found in the Adding Relative Dates article.
- Click on a date in the calendar that pops up.
- Select an Assignee to add to this reminder.
- Click Done.
- Click the When field.
- Select the applicable options from each drop-down field.
- Click Done.
- Enter a Name and Assignee for the subtask.
- Check the Relative Date box if you wish to set a date for the subtask that will be in relation to the due date for the main task.
- If needed, select a Due date for the subtask.
- Your task will display on the Task Dashboard.
For More Information
Refer to the Creating a New Task video.