When importing new contacts to Canopy, the system will check for any possible duplicate entries. Any possible duplicates must be managed before the contacts will finish importing.
Merging Duplicate Import Contacts
If you have duplicate import contacts, Canopy will notify you by showing a notification message. Start this process by clicking on the notification icon at the top of your screen.
- Click on the notification about duplicate contacts to resolve them.
- On the Possible Duplicates Found screen, review the list of contacts.
- You will be prompted to either Merge or Keep Separate each possible duplicate.
- Click Keep Separate to create two individual contacts with that information.
- For example, you will need to choose one SSN or Email.
- The Contacts Dashboard will load with your newly imported contacts.