The first invoice you create in Canopy defaults to invoice number 00001. You can pick up your invoice numbering scheme where you left off in your old billing system or start fresh.
Editing Invoice Numbers
Invoice numbers can have letters, numbers, special characters, and dashes. To get started, click on the Billing tab in Canopy.
- Click Invoices.
- Select an Invoice.
- Click the Edit icon to edit the invoice.
- Click Edit Invoice #.
- Select the invoice number and type the change over it.
- Click Done.
- Once the invoice number has been changed, all future invoice numbers will automatically follow the same format. Previous invoice numbers will keep the same format.
- If your invoice has a status of Draft, you will see the options to Send invoice, Save as draft, or Delete.
- If your invoice has already been sent to a client, you will see the option to Resend Invoice, Save changes, or Delete.
For More Information
Refer to the Editing Invoice Numbers video.