Keeping your information current in Canopy is important. This article will cover 2 sections and 1 subsection:
Updating Your Canopy Profile
Updating your Canopy profile information includes updating your username or password. To get started, click the drop-down arrow in-line with your Canopy name.
- Click Settings.
- Type your updated information in the Email field to update your username.
- Type your updated password in the Password and Confirm Password fields to update your password.
- Your old password will never show on this screen.
Enabling Two Factor Authentication
Two-factor authentication (2FA) helps tax practitioners who want to reduce the risk of their account being maliciously compromised by offering a second layer of security that drastically increases the difficulty of someone other than the practitioner gaining account access. Canopy supports 2FA with the second factor being your email account.
Once 2FA is enabled, the next time you log in to Canopy you’ll be emailed a verification link to authenticate your account. After you click on the link, you’ll have full access to Canopy.
Once 2FA has been enabled You’ll also have the option to remember your device for 30 days. You will not need to authenticate each time you log in unless you try to access Canopy from a new or different device within the 30 day window.
To get started, navigate to My Profile in Canopy.
- Click the Two Factor Authentication checkbox on the My Profile screen.
- Click Save Changes.
- You will see a notification when you have successfully enabled 2FA.
- After enabling 2FA, Canopy will send you a verification email upon your next login.
- Click the link in your email to navigate directly to Canopy.
- If, check the Remember this device for 30 days? box.
Turning Off Two-Factor Authentication
You can switch two-factor authentication (2FA) off by navigating to your profile. To get started, click the drop-down arrow in-line with your Canopy name.
- Click My Profile.
- Click the Two Factor Authentication checkbox.
- Click Save Changes.
- Once 2FA is turned off, you will not be prompted to authenticate your identity when you log in.
Requiring Two-Factor Authentication for all Team Members
As an admin, you can either keep two-factor authentication optional for your team or make it a requirement for all team members. In order to do this, you will need to be an admin in Canopy. Team members will not see this option. To get started, click the drop-down arrow in-line with your Canopy name.
- Click Account Settings.
- Click Team Members.
- Click the drop-down arrow in the 2FA column.
- Click Require all Team Members.
- Once you have enabled the requirement, your team members will be required to authenticate their identities.
- Upon their next login to Canopy, your team members will need to click the link sent to them in an email to access Canopy.
- Click Optional to make two-factor authentication optional for your team members.
Resetting a Forgotten Password
If at any time, you forget your Canopy password, you can reset it with ease. To get started, navigate to the Canopy login screen.
- Click Forgot your password?
- Type in your Email in the field provided.
- Check the I’m not a Robot recaptcha box.
- Click Reset password.
- An email will be sent to the email address you provided.
- You will be prompted to enter a new password through the email you receive.