In order to pull a transcript in Canopy, you will need to have already filled out a Power of Attorney form. This article will outline the steps you can take to fill out and download or print this form in Canopy.
Creating a Power of Attorney Form
In order to create a Power of Attorney form, you must first have created an engagement. For more information, refer to the Creating an Engagement article.
To get started, click on the Engagements tab in Canopy.
- Select an engagement.
- In the left column, click Forms.
- Click Federal.
- Click Administrative.
- Click the 2848 form.
- Fill out the information in the fields provided on the screen.
- All changes are saved onto the form automatically.
- The 2848 form is separated into four sections: Taxpayer Information, Representative(s), Acts Authorized, Specific Use, Acts, and POAs.
- You can click through each section to fill out necessary information.
- This will give you a view of the tax form itself.
- Click the Print icon to print this form or the Download icon to download the form to your computer.