This article will help guide you through adding a Power of Attorney through our New Forms experience.
Start by selecting a Client and bringing up their Client Card. From there, you will need to create an engagement.
To create an Engagement, click the link below:
Once the Engagement is created, you will see two columns to the left of your screen, Workflow and Forms:
Select 'Forms' and a different menu will appear. Next, select the section that says 'Federal' then 'Administrative':
You will now be able to find the Power of Attorney under form 2848.
Selecting the 2848 will take you to the source form, where you can input data, and have the client data populate automatically. You have the option to toggle between the source form and the tax form to track your progress. Changes are saved automatically.
After you start filling out the form, you will notice four separate subcategories to the left side of the screen under the Forms section:
- Taxpayer Information
- Acts Authorized
- Specific Use, Acts and POAs
- The Taxpayer Information section is where you are going to enter in the contact's information such as: name, address, Federal EIN, phone number, plan number (if applicable) and officer information.
2. The Representative(s) section is reserved for your Tax Practitioner details.
If you have not added your information yet, this link will help you get started:
3. In the Acts Authorized section, you can create additional form(s) 2848 to list more than 3 tax matters.
Clicking on the 'Add Another Tax Matter' button will bring down a menu where you can select the type of tax matter, tax form number and year(s) or period(s) (if applicable). ç
4-6. The Specific Use, Acts and POAs section is where you can find the:
- Specific use not recorded on Centralized Authorization File (CAF)
- Additional acts authorized
- Retention/revocation of prior power(s) of attorney
Select 'View Tax Form' and it will generate the 2848 form.
Lastly, when you select 'View Tax Form', it will generate the Power of Attorney form where you will see two icons showing you how to download and/or print it completing the process of adding a Power of Attorney through the new forms experience.