When you create a contact, you have the option to add their spouse to their client profile.
If you no longer wish to have the taxpayer's spouse information visible on the Contacts Dashboard, you can hide it. For more information on adding new contacts, refer to the Creating a New Client article.
Hiding a Spouse’s Information
If you have already added the client’s spouse’s information, it will be saved as a separate contact card in Canopy. You can hide this information from the larger contacts list in Canopy while still keeping the information connected to your main client. To get started, click on a Contact in Canopy.
- Click the Options menu in the Spouse section of the left-side column.
- Click Hide from contact list.
- The spouse’s information will still show in the Client Profile but will not show as a separate client in the Contacts Dashboard.
Restoring a Spouse’s Information
If needed, you can easily restore a spouse as a separate contact. To get started click on a Contact in Canopy.
- Click on the Optionsmenu in theSpouse section on the left-side column.
- The Options menu icon will only be visible once you hover your curser over the spouse's name.
- Click Show on contact page.
- The spouse’s information will now be shown as a separate contact in the Contacts Dashboard as well as displayed in the Spouse section of this Client Profile.
Deleting a Spouse’s Information
If needed, you can delete a spouse’s information. To get started click on a Contact in Canopy.
- Click on the Options menu of theSpouse section in the left sidecolumn.
- Click Remove connection.
- If the spouse is not listed as a separate contact, their information will be completely deleted from Canopy.