Some specifications need to be made when creating an engagement and sending a survey to a business rather than an individual taxpayer. To create an Engagement for a business, you will need to make sure a Contact has been created. Open your client record and click on the Engagements tab.
Creating an Engagement for a Business
Creating an engagement for a business is similar to creating an engagement for an individual. For more information, refer to the Creating an Engagement article. To get started, click on a contact in Canopy.
- Click Create New Engagement.
- The Engagement Details screen will load.
- It is very important to make sure No, this is a business taxpayer is selected.
- When you click No, this is a business taxpayer, Canopy will generate the 433-B collection survey and related IRS forms such as 433-B, 433-B (OIC), 2848, and 656.
- You’ll know a service has been switched on because the toggle will be green.
Sending a 433-B Survey to Business Taxpayers
It is very important to note that 433-B Surveys should not be sent if the business is a sole proprietorship or single-member LLC. Do not send a 433-B survey to clients whose businesses are single-member LLCs or sole proprietorships. To send a survey to a client, refer to the Sending a Survey Your Client article.
For More Information
Refer to the Creating an Engagement video.