Once you connect your email account with Canopy, the emails you have sent to, and received from a client will be visible to everyone who has access to that client’s record. This client-specific, shared inbox experience provides you with a single location to view all email correspondence between your client and your practice.
Connecting Your Email Account to Canopy
Start this process by clicking the drop-down arrow in-line with your Canopy account name.
- Click Account Settings.
- Click Accounts.
- Click Add Account on the right side of the screen.
- Select the option that best describes your email provider in the pop up window.
- If you don't see your email provider listed, click the Other Providers box.
- Click the Provider drop-down menu.
- If your email provider is not listed in that drop-down menu, scroll to the bottom of the list and click I don't see my provider.
- Check the box in-line with each item you wish to sync with Canopy.
- Currently, the only clickable option is Email but Calendar will be available soon.
- Click Select.
- Your email will take some time to connect to Canopy.
- Depending on the email provider you select, your input options may vary.
- If you have selected I don't see my provider, you will be prompted to enter your IMAP and SMTP information.
- For more information, refer to the troubleshooting tips available on the Email FAQ page.
- To prevent Canopy from importing the contact, leave the option set to Ignore.
- If you would rather assign a Contact Type and Entity Type later, click Save & Finish Later.
- If you wish to manage the email contact import, click Manage Import in your Email Account Settings. For more information, refer to the Importing Email Contacts article.
- A notification will pop up letting you know your changes have been saved.
For More Information
Refer to the Connecting an Email Account video.