The tasks dashboard will show you the status, task name, task type, contact, date, and date type for each task created. Use the task dashboard to filter or sort tasks, pin tasks, quickly update task details, and view subtask details. To access the task dashboard, click Tasks.
You can sort and filter on any column - your selections will persist even after you leave the app and come back.
- Click the top of the column you wish to sort and filter.
- Click on your preferred sort option.
- For example, you can click on Sort A - Z or Sort Z - A.
- The task dashboard will update according to the preferences you’ve set. Your selections will persist even if you logout of Canopy and return later.
Pinned tasks will display at the top of the dashboard.
- Click on the pushpin icon to the left of a task. The icon will turn blue and the task will move to the top of the task dashboard.
- To unpin a task, click the pushpin icon again. The task will move back to its original place on the task dashboard.
You can update task details from the task dashboard.
- Click on the Task.
- The Edit Task window will open.
- In the Edit Task window, update any fields you like in the Basic Information, Date(s), Reminder(s), and Subtask(s) sections.
- Update the task status by clicking on the drop-down menu in the top right-hand corner of the Edit Task window.
- Click Update Task to save your changes. The Edit Task window will close and your changes will display on the task dashboard.
Subtasks are viewable at a glance from the task dashboard.
- Any numbers listed to the right of the task name indicate a subtask.
- Click on a number to open the subtask quick view window.
- The quick view window will show you the subtask’s Status, Task name, Date, and Assignee(s).
- Click Done to close the quick view window.