Canopy allows you to easily request transcripts for your clients. Using your IRS e-Services login details, you can pull full transcripts into Canopy and use the powerful reports to quickly view the most relevant details from the transcripts.
Requesting Client Transcripts
In order to request a transcript, you will need to input your e-Services login information. In addition to this, you will be required to use the IRS two-factor authentication. Without registering with the IRS for two-factor authentication, you will not be able to complete this process. For more information, refer the IRS website. To get started, click the Transcripts tab in Canopy.
- Click Add.
- Select a Contact Type from the drop-down menu in the slide-in panel.
- Enter the contact’s important information including Contact Name, Taxpayer Identification Number, etc.
- Click Next.
- Canopy will request all transcript types and years for which you have authority. You do not need to specify types or years.
- You will most likely receive your security code in the form of a text message to the mobile device you have registered with the IRS.
- If you receive text message codes from the IRS2GO app, you will not be able to enter that code.
- For more information about IRS E-Services Security codes, refer to the IRS website.
- If you have more than one account registered with E-Services, designate which account you would like to use to request the client Transcript.
- For more information about navigating transcript reports, refer to the Reviewing Transcripts Reports article.